Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Some book reviews

Hallo Everyone! Hope you are all well. I am studying for my exams in January, and when I take a break I read - ja, I know its boring. But anyway, here are some reviews of a few really amazing books I have read lately. Enjoy, and if you don't hear from me - it is because I am immersed in Research Methodology... ENJOY! Oh, I also am having a technical problem with loading pics from my camera. All the pics come out with what looks like a 'cartoon' crack over them. And NO! Not only pics of me (can't be that bad, can it!), but of everyone. And we went abseiling and now it will remain a rumour untill I can show you all - I did it! Love S.

P.S Let me know what you think of the books if you read them!

The Shack - William P. Young

This book was given to me by my long lost friend Craig Herd and it is mind blowing. If you have ever wondered how you could be a Christian while expanding your consciousness - this is it. Go read, go figure...


Raka - die Roman - Koos Kombuis

Ongetwyfeld een van die beste boeke wat ek in die afgelope 10 jaar gelees het. Klaar. Net jammer dat die ooms en tannies wat dit eintlik moet lees, die pot dalk sover gaan mis sit dat hulle in die skaapkraal pis. Of die boek dalk nooit lees nie. Ek is bly ek het.


Aidsafari - Adam Levin

This guy has been there - this book is beautifully written, honest, human. I don't know, I cannot quite say what it has done for me, but it has certainly shown me that my puny little fears are to be faced. If one beautiful gay man in Africa can do it then surely so can I - and I am not even faced with the reality of having Aids. But as Adam Levin says: 'The world has AIDS. And if you give a shit about the world, you have it too.'

No comments: