Sunday, December 14, 2008

Poetry and Prose



Our two poetry and prose evenings went well. We presented them at Melon Rouge Restaurant and the staff there were amazing and made us feel like Broadway actresses. We sold out for both evenings and I think the audience loved it because it was not at all this poetry reading - instead we 'played' it all out, moved arround a lot and had lovely music (by Gang of Instrumentals) which gave it a really lively atmosphere


The three of us had loads of fun. I did a Kenyan story - thats why I have all the circles around my eyes. Trudi (in the middle did a sort of an eastern poem and a story by Paolo Koehlo and Sam did this 'Skeleton woman' story which had everybody spellbound. I also did the poem ' Walking away' and on the second night I did get a bit tearfull while doing the poem but everyone said it was amazing (I am sure they just wanted to comfort me) and Sam and Trudi teased me and said that I could become a professional mourner at funerals because I also got a bit choked when I did a speech and a poem in front of a whole lot of women at a fundraiser two weeks ago! Perhaps I should not do serious poems and stick to poems like Humpty Dumpty, but knowing me I will probably start crying when that poor egg falls off the wall...

No comments: