Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bikes



Ian and I attended art classes for a year in 2002. We got taken through all the media and each time our teacher assigned us a task such as faces to be done in graphite etc. When we got to pastel she told us to go and draw anything shiny. Well, everyone else in the class did copper kettles and cutlery and stuff. We decided not to go that way and each drew a piture of part of a motorcycle. I did the front part of a Harley and it sold very quickly. Ian and I were not doing too well finacially then, so I started doing commisioned art works of people's Harley Davidson motorbikes. This helped to put the bread on the table for quite a few years. I haven't done any bike art for a while. I did this bike on the photo in 2004 with Cheti litterally on my hip all the time once when we were visiting my dad for a while. I intended to use it for marketing, but then I got a bit gatvol of the bikes and stopped doing them. I recently took this one to a gallery nearby as I didn't want it to get ruined here at home and I have had quite a lot of interest in doing some commisions again. Doing the bikes are tough on the eyes as it is very fine work (I use a magnifying glass for some parts), but I love it and the money is good, so all in all worth my while.

No comments: